About the Tourer's Assistant
The MTF Tourer's Assistant is an online resource of motorcyclists and friends of motorcyclists who have registered and are willing to assist with travel needs in the United States and Canada. Travel needs can be anything from providing touring information in their area to being a witness for an Iron Butt Association ride or any other service they are willing to provide.
While anyone can use the TA system, registered users enjoy these additional benefits of membership:
- Access to more detailed information.
- Additional search functionality.
- Ability to download the list of TA's in PDF format. Print it out and pack it with you the next time you hit the road. It could prove to be a valuable asset.
- The joy of expressing your willingness to help out a rider in need, should the need ever arise.
- Picture Profiles - Do you have a difficult time placing faces with names? Just interested in seeing what someone looks like? Members have the option of submitting a picture to be displayed as part of their profile. To be accepted, your photo should be a mugshot of yourself, with your face clearly visible. Please note, pictures will never be displayed to non-members.
The MTF TA system is open to anyone and everyone. You do not need to be an MTF member to use the system or sign up and enjoy its benefits. The more touring assistants there are in the database, the more valuable this resource becomes. Encourage your friends and riding club members to sign up. It's absolutely free and totally secure.